Wednesday 20 April 2011

A day in the life of....Owen Hargreaves....Part 2

Welcome to Part two of ‘Day in the life of…Owen Hargreaves’
Three Months later and we at SportsSTAR wanted to see how Hargreaves was getting on since we last gave him our pen and paper. For those of you who missed part 1; either find the link within this blog or read on.
Back in part 1, Hargreaves explained to us that he was consistently suffering setbacks to his return for Manchester United. Three months on and he is nearly back to full fitness.
Before we handed this over to him he told us that he expected to be back in light training by the end of the week….
07:00- My alarm went off, it made me jump out of my skin and as a result I pulled a muscle in my left arm.  I phoned Cantona and he said there would be a possibility that my return could suffer a slight set back.
09:00- I arrived at Carrington in plenty of time as today was ‘errand day.’ This is the day where ‘the others’ (the players who play regularly)  hand me  an errand request that they wish me to carry out. I don’t mind doing this as it gets me out and helps me through the long day. I will not go through all of the requests. Here are a few that I have picked out:
  • Gibson- Pick up two loaves of white-Hovis bread from Raj’s corner shop
  • Scholes- Get ‘Best of X-Factor’ DVD
  • Wazza- Pick up new J-Z  album
  • Rio- A knee ligament book for experts (I think this one was a murk as he was laughing uncontrollably when I brought this back to him)
  • Hernandez- Pick up some Old El Paso Fajitas.
  • Wesley- Pick up some orange hair dye
  • Berbatov- Post a letter for him to his mother back in Bulgaria
As you can see these are all varied, but I don’t mind as I like this part of my job.
12:00- As I was paying for Hernandez’s Fajitas, a scouser came running up to me and punched me in the head. I phoned Cantona and he said there would be a possibility that my return could suffer a slight set back.
14:00- Sir Alex always treats me so well considering I haven’t played since October 1997. This is why he gives me the best jobs around the complex. Today he asked me whether I could clean his car. I immediately took up this offer. This was the hardest part of the day as Rio and Wazza insisted on running over to me to chuck a bucket of water all over me. But I have learnt to accept that this is all part of my job.
17:00- Sir Alex volunteered me to be the DJ for the Middle School-disco. I accepted and went along. It was such a buzz. I mixed some tunes for the 9-year olds and they were going mental. I was Very happy with my performance. However, the evening ended with me falling over the speakers and damaging my little finger. I phoned Cantona and he said there would be a possibility that my return could suffer a slight set back.
19:00- As a result of today’s latest injuries I was unable to cook dinner, so my wife rustled up a lovely Shepherd Pie. Mmmmmm.
21:00- Although I have suffered a few setbacks today, I still feel I will be ready for light training on Friday. Bring it on I say.
TO BE CONTINUED.......

No comments:

Post a Comment