Wednesday 30 March 2011

Liverpool sign new laundry lady

Cash-strapped Liverpool have finalised the signing of star Laundry Lady- Margaret Hasselhoff.
Hasselhoff, 59, has signed for an undisclosed fee from rival Laundry firm- Tranmere T-Towels . She is reported to be on £300 per-week, on a five-year contract.
An elated Hasselhoff said: “Being part of this great club and all of the history that comes with it is a dream come true. I cannot wait to start cleaning and ironing everyone’s kit. I love Liverpool.”
Asked whether this was possibly her last cleaning job in her career she said: “I see myself ending my laundry career here at this great club.”
The inevitable suggestion of the lure of huge wages came up: “look, at the end of the day I can categorically say that I am not here for the money, Laundry has always been a passion of mine.”
Liverpool Chairman, Peter Beardsley confirmed the signing: “I can confirm that Liverpool FC has added to the squad for the remainder of the season. Margaret brings vast experience to the table, she has already proved that she can wash and iron clothes at the very highest level.”
This latest addition will be viewed as a signal of intent to Liverpool's rivals, who have yet to break the bank.
Hasselhoff is expected to make her debut wash against Blackpool this coming Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment